Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Love the Gift, Love the Giver

Four-year-old Tina asked her mother one day,
Mama, how can I love God when I can't see Him?

Her mother pointed to the cuddly stuffed toy Tina was playing with. "That teddy bear -- who gave it to you last Christmas?" Tina's mom asked.

"Auntie Minda!" Tina said proudly.

"Have you ever seen Auntie Minda?" her mother asked.

"Of course not. She's in Italy!" Tina replied.

"But do you love her?"

"I love Auntie Minda! I love all the nice things she sends me," Tina said.

"Well, Tina, you love Auntie Minda even if you can't see her. In the same way, you can love God -- the Giver of all the things you love -- even if you can't see Him."

Tina looked at her two pet rabbits in a cage, het pet dog running around, her pet fish in the aquarium and smiled widely.

Prayer:
I may not see You, O Lord,
But I believe in Your Word.
For me You broygh forth
All the creatures on earth! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails